Our original Grotto, The Classico, is made with architecturally handsome bamboo that is extremely resilient and durable over a lifetime (3 X stronger than oak). Each Grotto is finished by hand, making it a gorgeous tabletop display for entertaining at larger dinner parties.
The Classico Model has a larger footprint, at 7.5 inches wide, 12 inches deep, and 8.5 inches tall, making it the perfect size for the avid cheese connoisseur, with a medium to large refrigerator. Taking after age-old European traditions, this model can be stored on the countertop or in a cellar at a warmer temperature (45 to 69 F) for effective short-term cheese storage, or it can be stored in the fridge for long-term storage.
The framed, pull-down drawer is perfectly designed for fridge and countertop use.
The adjustable back panel allows for additional ventilation for curing and ripening styles of cheese. Because of the adjustability, the model can also be used for at-home cheese aging projects. The porous and unfinished quality of the bamboo promotes a healthy environment for cheese microbes, and upkeep is easy with a monthly application of mineral oil.
- Two removable shelves (Bamboo or Black Resin with soapstone chalk)
- 1 handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- 2 oz bottle of mineral oil
- Holds up to 8 pounds of cheese
- Bamboo material does not warp and is 3x stronger than solid oak
- Plexi-glass paneling for easy viewing
- Made in the USA
- Handwash only
- 12 inches deep, 7.5 inches wide, 8.5 inches tall
- 8 pounds
- Materials designed for durability